Currently making the rounds in Facebook is the 25 Random Things About Me list.
Rules: Once you are tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 25 people to tag. You have to tag the person that tagged you.
Note: I got tagged twice in almost the same moment yesterday
1. Its true, I'm a geek
2. I think its a crime to actually bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, just eat it in its pure, raw form
3. I firmly believe that the concept of salaried workers being expected to put in 45, 50, 60 hours a week is complete bullshit. Random overages happen but for a boss to say (and I've had it said to me) "you're salaried and expected to put in 45-50 hours a week" is wrong.
4. Until OS X I was a mac hater, now I can't stand Windows but I do give it credit for getting me to where I am today.
5. I'm a Sci-Fi and Discovery channel nut, the 2 best stations on TV period.
6. Like most geeks I can quote the Holy Grail as well as a plethora of other movies. Inconceivable!!
7. If I had a nickel for every hour I've spent on the phone helping someone do something on their computer that would take me 10min to do, I could have retired last Thursday.
8. I have little to no patience with stupidity but I always try to be polite when dealing with it
9. I believe that CEOs of companies should follow the Steve Jobs model and work for $1. They should be paid for their companies performance via bonus and stock value ONLY. CEOs that make millions while their companies tank and employees get laid off should be taken out and shot.
10. My dream job is to be a Mythbuster
11. I am a Level 80 Pack Rat with a Cloak of Hoarding +50, Gloves of Can't Throw That Away +35, Armor of I Might Need That One Day +60, and Boots of I Can Fix That Later +25. Just ask Jessica or look in my Garage.
12. I am a cross between Tim "The Toolman" Taylor and Bob Vila and have the medical records to and scars to prove it.
13. I go completely and absolutely batshit crazy at Halloween with the decorating
14. I'm a sucker for natural redheads
15. My upper lip and chin haven't seen daylight in 20 years
16. I love to hike and dream of doing the AT one day, just gotta get in better shape
17. I love Guinness
18. I have read the Belgariad and Mallorean Series by David Eddings 10 times and will probably read it another 10
19. I am thrilled and ecstatic that Logan loves to read and absorbs books daily
20. I know there is life besides us in the Universe, Statistically its not possible for it to be just us with all that we can see from our little spot in space. If it is just us then its a awful waste of space.
21. Believe it or not, I have never smoked weed but believe it should be legal, just tax and regulate it. "Gateway drug" my ass, gateway to the Doritos, Mountain Dew, and a Nap maybe but hardly to other stuff.
22. I have not traveled as much as I would like to, I plan to change that one day
23. I believe that some groups need to focus more on their own house and not what others are doing in theirs. One groups beliefs do not need to become other peoples Laws. Manage your own flock and let the rest of the world do the same.
24. I'm an early adopter/gadget whore, always looking for the next new thing and usually end up getting it. (iPhone, Drobo, etc..)
25. Hearing Logan playing in his room with his turtles and having an active imaginative conversation makes the universe fall into place for me, it is very relaxing.