Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Inspiration never comes when you're ready

I think I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating. Things to write about never seem to come to me when I have the actual opportunity to jot them down. I'm always in the car driving, out on a run, hiking, or just sitting somewhere with nothing to write with. I absolutely loathe hand writing stuff. My thoughts go faster than my hand can write and it just pisses me off which then sparks another train of thought and derails the first. Now take that and amplify it by 1000 because typing on an iPhone is worse when you're trying to get a lot of info out at once. I guess I need to power through those moments and get better at jotting stuff down or at least making notes to follow up on later.

A friend of mine keeps saying the best way to get started at something is to just start it. I need to start listening to him more. Despite some of his self observations to the contrary, he's actually pretty wise at times. I should listen to him more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment