Monday, January 17, 2011

Still alive...

We've been snowed in for the past week which has put a dent in my training but school starts back up tomorrow and the house will once again be mine for some personal time to train. I've kept up with my workouts as best I could and have been routinely hitting the treadmill even though I hate it. For running I need to be outside and actually covering ground to feel like I'm accomplishing anything. Plus, when I'm out running and getting further and further around the pond/path/mountain or whatever I MUST keep running in order to get back and get home. On a treadmill I don't have that additional drive and motivation to keep going since I can just stop and hop off. At this stage of my life and fitness I'm self aware enough to acknowledge that I require that motivation to help me force myself to keep going.

Diet is going well so far. The Livestrong App on the iPhone and iPad is really helping me keep track of what I shove down my gullet. I rarely go over my allowed calories and at last weigh in had lost over 5 pounds so something is working :) I want to lose another 20-30 pounds overall but I know that won't happen by the time the Princess gets here or Tough Mudder. We'll see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment